Pages

Welcome...

blah, blah, blah...

3.31.2009

Urban Photography and stuff

I haven't "talked" to you in awhile so I felt like it was time. With all our senior blogs I don't talk as much as I used to and I need to change that. (Not, less senior blogs...just the talking more) :)

I feel like I haven't stopped to breathe in the last month. Things have been insanely busy in Urban Photography land. We are now all moved into the new studio loft and are now in the decorating stage.  I am having the hardest time choosing which photographs to display...I love so many but we don't have enough wall space to hang them all!  :(  So the search of the perfect complementing photographic art continues...

We are now working and shooting in the studio.  I never thought I could appreciate studio photography...until now.  I'm kinda diggin' the controlled environment thing.  No wind, sun, heat or cold.. unless I say so!  haha!  I do love the diverse backgrounds the outdoors has to offer, but something can also be said for a simple clean background where you (your kid, baby, dog, etc.) is the only focal point.  

More about the studio later (along with photos)... time for an apology.  I really hope Urban Photography clients haven't felt neglected this month.  If you have, I will now proceed with a very sincere, I'm sorry.  I won't lie... the focus has been on completing the studio (and then that week of spring break where the kiddo was home and demanded much of my attention and I gave it to her happily and willingly of course).  But now that the studio is in working order, things will be so much smoother.  We have all new processing set up to expedite pretty much everything from edits to orders.  Effective now.    

Other stuff... 
1. Many of you have known Angel as our right hand man...ahem, i mean, girl.  She worked here at Urban Photography for several months as our part time office assistant.  Well, when she was offered a full time job and health benefits with her hubby's business..she couldn't say no.  I certainly don't blame her for going but she is missed!  :(

2. In Angel's absence I have found the best replacement ever.  My mom. (aka: Barb) Recently retired (well, she's way too young to retire.. quit may be the word i'm looking for here) from ICU pediatric nursing, she spends her time shopping, learning photoshop, cleaning (she actually enjoys it), and helping out my dad with their own business (insert plug for them here).  :)  So now she's helping us out too and all she wants in return is photoshop lessons.  Isn't that a great deal?    


3. I've touched on this before.. but i want to briefly discuss it again.  Urban Kids Photography had to evolve into simply Urban Photography.  The reason? Seniors.  They didn't think being referred to as kids was very cool.  I had originally intended to just keep them separate (ie. Urban Kids Photography and Urban Seniors Photography).  But that got really complicated.  Two separate websites..logos..business cards...packaging...ads..you name it.  So we landed with Urban Photography.  But our kids will always be fondly referred to as Urban Kids.  

4.  We have a fabulously hip new make-up/hair/wardrobe stylist!  His name is Ryan and I will be posting his ridiculously impressive bio on the blog very soon.  How fabulous is he?  Well, here's Exhibit "A": He will be in NYC next week styling the one and only Dolly Parton for her photo shoot with Interview magazine promoting her new Broadway show 9 to 5: The Musical.  Do we really need an Exhibit "B"?

5.  Last, if you're thinking of scheduling a session with us in April..CALL NOW!  We are booking up fast.  Our weekend slots are few and far between (whatever that really means? anyone?).  Oh, and we still have openings for the spring minis..contact us for deets!


Ok..I'll wrap it up now. If you read this whole page of rambling...wow, thank you.  Leave a comment if you'd like and let me know you stopped by.  :)  

If you haven't checked out the website in awhile..check in here...www.urbanphotosite.com

Hope you all have a fantastic week!!  leslie 

5 comments:

  1. No need to apologize! I felt very special at my sessions :] thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This simply matchless message ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At you inquisitive mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Infinite discussion :)

    ReplyDelete