Pages

Welcome...

blah, blah, blah...

9.01.2009

oh, summer, summer..

how i love thee.  but all good things must come to an end (so they say).  and what a good thing it has been.  i went MIA for awhile to truly enjoy it... but it's over, school has begun and here i am.  rested and eager to get back in the full swing of things.  i have lots of things to blog about, but this blog will be a tribute to summer... well, my summer.  :)  it was rough in the beginning when my grandmother passed.. but ultimately it turned out to be a great summer.

{summer 2009}
june-  my mom, daughter and i took a girls trip to Disney World.  here's a few fun snapshots..




although my mom was hiding behind Taylor and I on the back row.. she ended up being the wet one! 
(i'm not sure if i'm laughing from the ride or at the dork sitting in front of me..)




Tbird and mom at downtown disney



doesn't MK castle looks kinda creepy at night? 


animal kingdom..tree of life




epcot! day and night...




july- taylor spent a week at Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) taking animation and a film class...



T in her dorm room at scad...



us at her showcase and reception...(please no comments about how much taller she is than me).. oy.  :)



while the kid was filmakin' and animatin'.. i got the big camera out and spent the week sightseeing around the beautiful city of Savannah...





Forsyth Park
  




Cathedral of St. John the Baptist 




Bonaventure Cemetery (made famous by Midnight at the Garden of Good and Evil)



We ended the trip with a couple of days on Tybee Island.. (Miley Cyrus was filming there, but unfortunately we didn't see any of the action..)




the cute little cottage we rented

 


pretty beaches..



 

so there's a few of my summer highlights.. the best part was getting to spend so much quality time with the important girls in my life.  i dearly love all of my family and every special moment we get to share.  

I hope all of you had memorable summers as well... if so, leave a comment and tell me about it!  If not, you still have this weekend...  :)

1 comment:

  1. Love this peek into your fun summer. Thanks for posting. Look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete